Living the Badassery Life with Kelly Young
Even in the darkest of times, we can still spark joy. People need to realize the power that being supportive to each other generates and that the best way to rise together is by lifting each other.
Joining me today is Kelly Young, co-creator and host of the Badassery Life podcast, Creator of Baise Communications Firm, and the Human Spirit behind Our Joy Project. In her podcast, Kelly grants a space where women can tell their stories and where ordinary women doing extraordinary things inspire members from every tribe.
In this episode, we talk about how vital it is for women to receive support from other women and her passion for finding, telling, and listening to stories. She shared her thoughts on nurturing and why she thinks it is perhaps the key to social growth.
Tune in to Episode 8 of Bravefull to hear more!
Some Questions I Ask:
- Do you have your word for 2021? (1:04)
- How are you taking your knowledge in communications and spreading it to nonprofits? (3:23)
- What is your podcast about? (8:35)
- Why do women want to help each other? (13:43)
- What are the three most influential books you have read? (24:06)
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- How Kelly’s career at nonprofits started (3:40)
- The reason why the Joy project came up (6:48)
- Why women don’t leverage themselves enough (9:30)
- Different tribes, different purposes, one answer (15:30)
- What would Kelly tell to her 18 years old self (18:24)
- Kelly’s passion for writing (27:30)
- Book: Abby Wambach – Wolfpack
- Book: Pamela Ryckman – Stiletto Network
- Badassery Life Podcast
- Our Joy Project – Facebook Group
- Baise Communications
- Grand Circle Trailfest
- Dress For Success
- Villages Kids
Connect with Kelly:
- Email: email@example.com