When Women Hear Their Own Wisdom with Karlee Fain
There are a few common misconceptions about what boundaries are; they are not what we articulate between ourselves and others. Boundaries are a contract between ourselves and our values, and it is not the others that push our limits; it is ourselves who push them back.
Joining me today is Karlee Fain; she is a celebrity business and boundary coach, author, speaker, and founder of The Boundary Academy. She specializes in guiding driven, career-motivated people, to focus on a professional growth strategy that will make them succeed without losing their health and spirit in the process.
In this episode, we talk about boundaries being a bridge instead of a wall, coming back to our center, and why seeking external validation is such a hurdle. Karlee shared her experience of growing up in a yoga ashram, and when it clicked for her that her life hadn’t had to be either yogi or corporate.
Tune in to Episode 9 of Bravefull to hear more!
Some Questions I Ask:
- How was growing up living the life of a yogi? (2:22)
- How were you able to apply it then into real life? (3:22)
- How did you come up with the idea of boundaries, bridges, walls? (6:06)
- You’ve created a space that allows high achievers to come and share their thoughts. And then what do you do with those thoughts? (12:19)
- So is there anything in this world that scares you? (31:17)
- Who was your mentor? Who did you shadow that allowed you to take this route? (39:39)
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- Coming back to the idea of center (6:20)
- What exactly are boundaries (7:28)
- The moment external validation doesn’t matter anymore (9:00)
- Making room for women to hear their own wisdom (11:15)
- There is no such a thing as work-life balance (18:20)
- The four types of power (20:20)
- Selfless vs. self-full women (25:52)
- Book: Amy Poehler – Yes, please
- Rowen White – Indigenous seed steward
- Dr. Tal Ben Shahar website
- Suzi Banks Baum website
- Karlee Fain website
Listen To Karlee’s podcast:
- Messy & Magnificent with Karlee Fain
Connect with Karlee:
- Email: email@example.com