Sometimes the modern world looks like a crazy race to success, where we all looking to the side, comparing and measuring our results with each other. Everything happens so fast we barely have time to think or even enjoy what we’ve accomplished so far. Many of us fail to see that we insist on pushing against noes instead of going after the yesses. A no will keep us stuck, while a yes will move us forward, will put us in contact with a whole set of opportunities. A shortcut to the success line might be taking a pause, looking around, focusing on our strengths, and saying no to what doesn’t serve us.
Joining me today is Karen Mangia, Vice President, Customer and Market Insights at Salesforce, 3x Best Selling Author, and TEDx Speaker. She works with customers worldwide to solve complex, strategic business difficulties and get a better future growth perspective. Karen is passionate about customer success, and she has over 20 years of experience guiding people from multiple industries and segments to success.
In this episode, we had an inspiring conversation about success, how we measure it, and how we can put ourselves in extreme situations when we can’t achieve what we thought we would. Karen kindly shared how her life changed when she decided to pause and redefine what success was and we also talked about how long and challenging the path is towards a balanced existence.
Tune in to Episode 13 of Bravefull to hear more!
Some Questions I Ask:
- Is there a common theme that you see running through your three books? (2:41)
- Do you think you utilize the learnings that you talk about in your books? (13:11)
- How do you let go and say it’s okay to pause and redirect? (17:54)
- How often do you redefine success? (25:14)
- What three books have you recently read that have impacted you? (44:22)
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- The importance of aligning people with their strengths and simplify processes (6:32)
- The stories about being a leader and what being a leader really means (10:39)
- The difference between taking a pause and being paused (15:55)
- Having a balanced existence takes time and effort (21:19)
- Doing what matters, creating intentions every day (32:19)
- Karen Mangia Website
- Book: Karen Mangia – Working From Home: Making the New Normal Work for You
- Book: Karen Mangia – Listen Up! How to Tune In to Customers and Turn Down the Noise
- Book: Karen Mangia – Success With Less: Releasing Obligations and Discovering Joy
- Book: Brian Solis – Lifescale: How to Live a More Creative, Productive, and Happy Life
- Book: Sally Bedell Smith – Elizabeth the Queen: The Life of a Modern Monarch
- Book: Greg McKeown – Essentialism: The Disciplined Pursuit of Less
Connect with Karen:
- Email: email@example.com