Balancing and Bringing Together our Two Energies with Noa Ronen – Bravefull
- Balancing and Bringing Together our Two Energies with Noa Ronen
- A Survivor's Tale. Jan Canty's Incredible Story of Bravery and Resilience
- Committing to the Larger Whole, Malembe Rise
- Defining Success to Meet your Goals with Karen Mangia
- Become the Best Version of Yourself with Melissa Pas Blake, a Rapid Transformational Therapy teacher and Founder of Pasitive Solutions
Creating a Full Circle Ecosystem of Giving, with Co-Founder of Kraay’s Market and Garden, Sherry Kraay.
There’s no doubt that seeing challenges in life as either a crisis or an opportunity is a matter of perspective. Circumstances might force us to adopt new habits, change our routines, or even our lifestyle, and there is always a way of using those circumstances in our favor.
And when we use those elements not only to change our lives but the lives of an entire community, creating a healthy and sustainable ecosystem, the taste of victory is even better.
Joining me today is Sherry Kraay, co-founder of Kraay’s Market and Garden, a company that grows and delivers homegrown natural food in the Wood River Valley in Idaho. For medical and environmental reasons, Sherry and her husband Larry decided to change to a plant-based lifestyle in 2013. At first, they were growing more than what they could consume, and after doing some research on planting on a big scale, they decided to create a business. In 2015 they had to build a second greenhouse, and since then, the demand never stopped growing. Today, they run a successful business with more than 2000 customers that regularly purchase on their online store.
In this episode, Sherry shares the story of how Kraay’s Market and Garden started, how it evolved into today’s impressive business, and her aspirations for the company. We had a fantastic conversation about giving back to the world, creating opportunities from challenges, and her unique relationship with her company’s marketing. She also talked about how COVID impacted her community and how it is like to be accountable for the food resources of more than 300 families in pandemic times.
Tune in to Episode 11 of Bravefull to hear more!
Some Questions I Ask:
- You started your business based upon a personal need, correct? (2:28)
- To how many people are you delivering your products currently? (4:16)
- You have 60, 70 chickens, right? How many eggs do you get a day? (12:41)
- You have honey too. You have opened up your place to embrace everyone. How did you figure out this whole supply chain? (13:35)
- How do you incorporate learning and kids coming to your place? (24:11)
- What’s the most challenging part about doing your job? (29:32)
- Do you think you’ll ever advertise? (35:50)
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- How a challenge can turn into an opportunity (2:57)
- Living without weeks off from your job is easier when you love what you do (10:08)
- How Sherry and Larry handled the growth of their company (18:20)
- There is no competition when every business is taking from and giving back to the same community (21:25)
- Simple things that can fill our cups (31:39)
- Sherry’s particular relationship with marketing and advertising (35:32)
- Book: Eliot Coleman – The New Organic Grower: A Master’s Manual of Tools and Techniques for the Home and Market Gardener
- Kraay’s Market and Garden website
- Kraay’s Market and Garden Instagram
- Kraay’s Market and Garden Facebook
- Kraay’s Market and Garden Pinterest
Connect with Sherry:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org